We do not support Spam!
At Clever Sender, we believe in bringing a value to customers. We do not want to annoy people by sending them spam because spam just wastes resources! It's a global problem and we do not want to participate on making it worse.
We have zero tolerance to spam! We have declared war on it.
So please, DO NOT SPAM!
What do we consider as Spam? What is spamming?
Spam is an unsolicited bulk email message where:
- unsolicited means that the recipient has not given you verifiable consent to send him messages and
- bulk means that the message is sent as part of a larger collection of messages, all having substantively identical content.
Spamming is an action of sending spam (unsolicited bulk email messages).
Things that are required for all Clever Sender campaigns
- You must comply with the anti-spam laws of the countries your recipients live in.
- You must comply with the anti-spam laws of the country you/your business is based in.
- You must comply with CAN-SPAM rules.
- The must put valid contacts and the real identity of the sender to all campaigns you send. You must not hide or obfuscate the identity of the sender. (The purpose of this is to be transparent so the recipient knows who you are, can verify it easily and can communicate with you using different channel than email.)
- An unsubscribe link that instantly removes the subscriber from your mailing list must be present in each campaign. There are some very specific cases where an unsubscribe link is not required to be present in an email, but you must ensure that sending such email fully complies with anti-spam laws (an example of such case could be a transaction email with order notification).
Things you may not do with Clever Sender
- Send an email to people who have not given you consent to send them emails.
- Send an email to people who revoked the consent to send them emails (unsubscribed). You can, however, send emails to people who unsubscribed and then later subscribed again (or gave you consent).
- Use email lists that you purchased, rented, leased, or in any other way obtained from a third party. The consent to send emails is not transferrable so unless the recipient gave it specifically to you, you cannot use it.
- Send unsolicited email or use any other illegal activities in order to get subscribers to the mailing list in Clever Sender.
The list is not complete but serves as a good guide. Please contact us if you are not sure about some activity that could be considered to be spam.
What happens if you spam, or try to spam?
Spam is a severe global problem and we fight against it. Which means that we will not support anyone who is spamming.
If we suspect you are spamming using our infrastructure, we will investigate the issue thoroughly.
If we find out that you are spamming or you were spamming using Clever Sender’s infrastructure:
- We will immediately terminate your account.
- You will not be entitled to a refund.
- You will be permanently banned from using our Clever Sender’s infrastructure in the future.
- Any damage caused by your spamming activities might be charged to you.
- Legal action might be pursued against you.
We don’t want anything from this to happen. So please, do not spam!
What to do if you think someone is spamming you using Clever Sender?
If you receive an email that you believe is spam sent over Clever Sender’s infrastructure, please, forward the email you received to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It will be helpful if you also include the headers of the email as they contain important identification information that will make the investigation easier.
After we receive the email from you, we will start the investigation process.
Who to ask questions about Clever Sender Anti-Spam policy?
If you have any questions related to spam or Clever Sender’s Anti-Spam policy, do not hesitate to contact us. We are happy to answer your questions.